Welcome!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Shadows+Puppets=Shadow puppet play!!!

We have had a blast this week. We have explored shadows using flashlights and a tent in the science center. We have started our fairy tale unit. This week we focused on The Three Billy Goats Gruff. We've learned about groundhogs and decided that since Phil is not from the south, we think his prediction should only count for the north- we have spring fever!!! Like I said, it has been a busy but fun week! Today, we made stick puppets, turned out the lights, added a sheet and lamp and presented a shadow puppet play. Everyone had a turn doing something. When we were finished we chose people to play the parts in this play and invited Mrs. Ables' class to watch. It was GREAT!!!!! They were soooooo very proud of themselves. One child wanted to know if I could make a DVD and send home with everyone. It will be on the end of the year DVD but I have attached it on here!!!! You should be proud of me. It took FOREVER to figure out how to do it. My sweet friends tried to help but that didn't work sooooo, after working and almost giving up, I figured out a way! 

 

This week I added the Student News to the newsletter. Please be sure to check it out. This will contain information that a student feels you should know. They take this very seriously. I added this due to a child telling me I should ask for something to cover their clothes while they paint. Great idea!!!I am going to try to start our class newspaper next week. Wish me luck!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. When you need knowledge about puppets, online is a perfect place for you because online there are so many good websites available to get good puppet knowledge.
    animal hand puppets
    http://www.marionettes-puppets.com/Animal-puppets.html

    ReplyDelete