Welcome!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Fun



       I absolutely cannot believe that summer is almost over! Where has the time gone? We have had a lot going on this summer. I have painted everything downstairs and some furniture for outside. We now have a new roof and new siding is going up as I type. Did I mention that both boys had baseball until a couple of weeks ago???  It's been super busy but a lot of fun.
       Ok, so now for the awesome part of summer... My sister had a baby at the end of the school year and when she went back to work-to work out her notice- I got to keep sweet baby!!! I LOVE babies. While in Auburn, my kids got to go to art classes/free exploration at the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art. http://jcsm.auburn.edu/  My children loved every minute of it. Actually, we went home and had to come back for art classes on Friday and Saturday!! Everyone at the museum was kind and helpful and seemed to really enjoy working with children. I loved getting to watch kids of all ages explore different types of materials and use their imaginations to create different types of art work. The activities were appropriate for all ages even though they did break classes into age groups. Since I am ALWAYS on the look out for new and exciting ideas for my classroom, I must admit that I wrote down ideas and asked questions. I can't wait for school to start so I can try out the marbleized painting that my kids did today!!!!!  If you ever have the opportunity to visit the museum, I highly recommend it!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment